Facebook has introduced a service to embed facebook public post , that may be status, photo, video, link or anything of Fan Pages or Person Profile into the content of your blog or website.The embedded post will show any media attached to it, as well as the number of likes, shares, and comments that the post has. Embedding posts will let people using your blog see the same rich information that is shown on Facebook, and they will enable people to follow or like content authors or Pages directly from the embed. Only public posts from Facebook Pages and profiles can be embedded.
Embed Facebook Post To Blogger Blog Post
- First Login to your Facebook Account and search the post you want to embed on blog post.
- On right side of you, you will see the small grey arrow. Click it and choose Embed Post option.
- A new pop up window will appear with a Code and Preview. Copy the Code and paste in Notepad . We need it later.
- Then Login to Blogger > Create New Post > Choose HTML option
- Lastly paste the Code you copied earlier from Facebook on the desire place you want to show the post . You can see the working example below.
FAQ About This Widget
If you embed a post and the author then deletes the post or changes the post audience selector from public, what will happen to the embed?
The following message will display in place of the embedded post:
Can you customize how the post is displayed on your blog post / web page?
Currently, you cannot customize how Embedded Posts are displayed on your page. The size of the post is fixed to the same dimensions as it's shown on Facebook.
If you embed a very long post, will it get truncated?
Yes the post will get truncated with a "see more" option. Clicking "see more" will display the full post on your web page.
How do you find public posts on Facebook to embed?
Please visit best practices guide for finding public posts on Facebook to embed.